"If you call NOW (3:56am) in the next 19 seconds, you will not only get a Slap Chop for 3 easy payments of $9.99 BUT you will get 12 Slap Chops for the price of one" HOLY cow pie!! That is BETTER than Black Friday, WTH was I thinking?!
Tuesday, November 29, 2011
at 3:31 AM
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
at 1:40 AM
Saturday, November 19, 2011
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
Maybe I am pushing it a bit, I would take that 12x12 cabin any day if it was offered to me again.
But in all honesty, for the first time in 11 cruises, we were happy to be HOME. Granted the big boat is our home away from home, sharing a cabin with a 11 month old terrorist who find bras and underwear in a drawer way more amusing than his 300 toys, makes for a long week. But a week I wouldn't trade for the world.
We traded in our nights in the night club for nights where we retired to our cabin early with a sleeping baby and had drinks out on our balcony while CC slumbered away in the closet. Yes, closet. I have no shame, we put the pack n play in the cabin's closet, it's an open long space that fit the pack n play perfect. Hey it worked.
We spent more time in the buffet than we did at the pool. What can I say, my kid eats like a 300lb man and I can't keep food on his plate long enough before he shoves it in his mouth. This though became a problem for Chris and I. CC had to eat at least 3 times a day, full meals, highchair pulled up to the table, full on scene. Which in turn made Chris and I eat full and I mean food falling off full plate of food each setting. Thus adding many inches to our waistline. No big deal, right?
HA! I brought one formal dress. My favorite one, the pink flowers and jewels make me feel like I am dancing on top of the world when I
at 8:55 PM
Saturday, November 5, 2011
We have 8 checked bags, stroller, pack n play and I even remembered my bras. Go me! But seriously, I used to LOVE packing for a cruise- the formal dresses, outfit and SHOES and for whatever reason packing made me feel like it was finally cruise time. But throw an 11 month old packing into the mix and holy freaking cow! That kid is now prepared to be Gilligan if need be. Phew.
No bikinis made it into the suitcases this time around- I'd be insane if I had any hope fitting Into those things. And oh god the eye sores if I even tried. I'll stick to the one piece swim dresses and spanx bathing suits. GOD SEND!
Speaking of Spanx, I packed 4-5 pairs. Sad I own that much but damn do I FEEL skinny when I shivy those suckers up. Thank heavens.
So I'm on a blogging vacation for the next week, I have a few posts in mid draft that will just have to wait till I get home.
So close your eyes, imagine sunshine and pretend to feel a sea breeze all while laying out in the middle of the ocean with a hot foreign cabana boy delivering you a Piña Colada and seducing you in his sultry accent.....
Off to sail the Eastern Caribbean for the next week- see you on the flip side!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
at 12:52 PM
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
When we drove through our neighborhood on what happened to be Halloween 2.5 years ago and noticed the numerous decorations, kids flooding the streets and parents outside setting up for the nights festivities- I was sold. THIS is where we had to live.
Never in a million years did I think we would be sitting out on our driveway in that very same neighborhood celebrating Halloween as we did this year. We made it!
2011 marked CC’s 1st Annual Trick or Teat Costume Party with all his friends and it turned out perfect! I wanted to make a tradition among friends and family that OUR home was the place to spend Halloween.
So here are a few things I learned this Halloween:
1. Pumpkin Patches in Florida SUCK. Apparently a tent in a church parking lot is suffice or even a few pallets of Pumpkins in a local park is something to get excited about. WTH Florida?!
2. Granted I was over zealous finding and buying decorations for our new house- I could have saved a crap ton of money had I waited until November 1st. But what fun is that? I don’t want to look like the party pooper on the street, I mean it was Chris and I hanging pumpkin lights with thumb tacks in the palm tree as the clock struck midnight on Halloween Eve. Procrastinate much?
3. If you are planning a Trick or Treat Party like CC did this year, think ahead and order the pizza very early and make sure they get the order. Unless you want to spend an hour trying to get a hold of Dominos after half your order never processed online. Awesome. We never did get the 2nd half of our order.
4. Gone are the days of poodle skirts, ghosts and Dorothy and in with the 8th graders across the street Trick or Treating in sports bras and glow paint. I kid you not, it was the theme of the night- slutty costumes.
5. Even if your kid is in a stroller- Don’t forget the pumpkin & GET THAT CANDY. I skipped each house since I forgot CC’s pumpkin at home . I kindly declined candy thinking we had enough candy left over to fill me up for the rest of the week. Only to find out we ran out of Candy, all $50 worth and ended up stealing left over candy from the neighbor to finish the night out.
6. Life has changed for us and I love it. 6 years ago Chris was the Jolly Green Giant wearing green tights and a green felt dress, I dressed up as a 50’s girl who’s costume looked the size of a kindergartners and my best friend sported the all black pleather Cat Women costume. And 6 years later we are hanging out in a driveway passing out candy and all have kids to dress up now. How times have changed and I couldn’t be more thankful.
7. The best way to spend Trick or Treat is with your friends- stroller gating in the driveway with juice boxes and cold beer.
8. No matter how obvious your costume may be, some people just don’t have enough brain cells to figure it out. Come on people, Betty Rubble and Bam Bam! Yaaabbba Dabbba Do!
at 9:13 PM