I've noticed I haven't blogged that much but I think it's because I am working a normal person shift with normal person hours and on my days off, I am awake enough to get things done.
Excuse enough? I think it's good for now.
But I am alive, I am chugging along and singing the tune...
"I think I can, I think I can"
This week has been amazing. I turned 23 weeks, 1 week away from viability. We had 2 different ultrasounds and a fetal echo. And ready for this?...
The MFM today sat there and said
"Everything looks perfect, good heart, happy baby and I'm looking good"
Holy Cow I am NORMAL! Well, as normal as a high risk pregnancy can be. He doesn't even want to see me for 4 weeks, that's a change from the original every 2 weeks. (I still see my OB & have an u/s every 2 weeks)
So here's the stats.
At 23 weeks this baby is
- 1 lb 4 oz and 11.5 inches!!!!!!!!
- He has HUGE feet (Vicki our u/s tech said they are skis not feet), we watched him yawn and bring his hands to his face, all in real time looking down at him. It was the coolest ultrasound moment we have had. Trust me, we have had A LOT of time banked in Vicki's office, even she thought it was an amazing capture.
- He flipped sometime in the past week. Last weeks scan he was still breech and this weeks scan he flipped. I know it has no significance now, but it's exciting to feel his kicks higher up. The lower hits are now punches and the higher ones are definitely some strong kicks. It's amazing.
- The placenta looks good, and by good I mean, no accreta (placenta growing through the c-section scar) yet and it isn't showing signs that it will be. This is a BLESSING!
- NO uterine artery notching!! (had that showing by now last pregnancy)
- His heartbeat was 150, and has a beautiful little heart
- BP was 124/74
- No protein.
- We wont go into the weight issue, let's just say this baby loves SUGAR. Honestly, I have gained less than last time, so I really am healthy. And I'll gain whatever I have to if it means a HEALTHY outcome!
- My first gestational diabetes screen was NORMAL. (Thank you sweet baby Jesus)
- I look healthy, baby looks healthy, my Dr's are happy and I am getting excited things are working out.
And I guess I should mention, I gave in to my Mom and Valorie and will be having a BABY SHOWER.
OMG, am I seriously letting them do this?! I said I never would, it's something I am afraid to have and jinx the pregnancy. BUT, I don't want to look back and say, "Man, I wish I would have let myself experience that"
Plus Valorie is the PARTY planner of the decade and if it's anything like my Bachelorette Party, then be ready to be amazed by her brilliance people. Maybe I am taking a risk, but I will be 33 weeks when this shower is set for and I am praying and pleading with God that I will still be pregnant.
College Football started this week, and I am SO dang happy! We are HUGE Florida State fans and in the past few years became OSU fans since my sisters go to Ohio State. I just love college football and I am so excited this time of year is happy for us this year. Last year was so disheartening because it was hard to enjoy the season for what it was considering Nolan should have been born or graduate form the NICU during football season and should have still been with us.
My sisters and I after #1 u/s this week, I'm in my scrubs since I went strait to work. But at least I was sporting my "Future Buckeye"shirt for the first game day!
Good things seem to be happening people. I think I need to pinch myself because it doesn't feel real.