|Taking the doors off|
This was my least favorite part, you use a scratchy pad that comes with the kit and scrub the cabinet doors and cabinets with the deglosser. Royal P.I.A!
|Cleaning & Deglossing sucks!|
|I'm SO sexy here!|
A: I didn't want to wait an extra 12 hours for THAT to dry on top of the 8 hours of the bond coat
B: We tested it on the back of one of the cabinet doors and quickly found out I am SO not an expert on staining. I pretty much looked like I leaked coffee grounds on the cabinet.
It took 2 days to paint EVERYTHING. We used 2 coats on the doors and 3 coats on the frames. Not sure on my theory there, but it just looked better.
|3am night shifter painting while everyone sleeps|
While all this was going on the kitchen was also being painted because once again, I was impatient and wanted it done. I'm pretty sure Chris wanted to murder me during this project. HA! I had this place turned into an assembly line of glossing, painting, trimming, taping.. you name it.
Apply the "Protective Top Coat"
The trick is painting with the grain and finding the quickest most efficiant way to cover the piece before the top coat starts to dry and get sticky. We hung the doors after several hours and had no issues.. Ok.. so maybe I cheated and shorted a few hours but I just wanted to see the finished product.
a $20 Rustoleum Countertop Coating in Midnight Blue
a $150 Rustoleum Kitchen Cabinets Transformation Kit in Linen
a bunch Purdy paint brushes & a few foam rollers
a can of Behr's Silver Drop
and you have.....