Monday, May 2, 2011

Ta-Da! Kitchen Reveal

My mom always said, if your going to re-do your kitchen, make sure it's what you LOVE & WANT if your going to spend the money. I trust her considering she has redone every kitchen in every house they have lived in. So, since we can't afford what I LOVE & WANT right now, I did what we could afford to make our kitchen pleasing to OUR eyes.
Thank you Rustoleum for turning my $10,000 kitchen remodel into $200. That's a whole lot of savings!

Details:
It took an entire week to transform the kitchen.
Countertops: Rustoleum Countertop Coating in Midnight. $20
Cabinets: Rustoleum Cabinet Transformation in Linen, skipped the optional glaze. $179
Paint: Behr's Silver Drop

We still have a lot of little work to do, adding wall decor, little odds and ends adding ONE MORE coast of countertop coating. But for now, this is perfect. I am in love! I am so happy we took the risk because it was the best $200 we spent on this house yet.


So with out further a-do, Our new kitchen!













14 comments:

erin. said...

Great work! What a gorgeous transformation!!

Tara said...

You did a GREAT job! It looks amazing!! Lots of lovely conversation and food ahead, I can see.

Cecilia said...

I'm impressed! I hated the color of the cabinets in our last house, so I'll have to keep that in mind.

Katie said...

Gorgeous! I love the popos of red!

Jill said...

GREAT JOB ASHLEY!!! ITS BEAUTIFUL!!!

Gosh, I have to ask, that mirror, it looks like it would be on what a cruise ship!?! TOO CUTE!

Love it and I hope to see your house real soon and all of you! Its beautiful! WHAT A DEAL!!!

Jen said...

Oh my gosh that looks fantastic!

Amanda said...

Looks great! We're contemplating redoing our kitchen, but we're on a tight budget. Thanks for the great ideas!

Maribeth said...

You did a fantastic job!!! It looks wonderful!

Abigail said...

It looks amazing!! Like a kitchen from one of the shows on HGTV!! Way to go!!

Lauren said...

Ashley, the kitchen looks like a million bucks!!! You guys need to submit your before and after pics to a DIY site or something! Amazing transformation! Love it all!

hann said...

The advantage to him is that he gets a new counter top and gets help paying for it. The obvious advantage to you is that it will cost you less to repair the damage you caused. All is not lost though. You get to live in a place with a new kitchen countertops.

Stephanie said...

I'm impressed! I am the least DIY person you will ever meet, so I admire you for doing all this!

Prather Family said...

You did a great job. I just adore the Red with the Black with the white cabinets. That looks like a great family kitchen. Enjoy!!!

Sarah said...

Everything is beautiful! I especially love CC's room and the guest room! :)