Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I lost his birth weight

That's right, I lost the weight of CC by an ounce. One week in- and I lost 5.2 lbs!!! 


In all honesty, this diet isn't so bad considering I was expecting cardboard. I would actually eat a lot of these meals on a regular basis. I stepped on the scale this morning and was pleasantly surprised with the 191.4 that flashed back at me. It made every bit of the past week worth it. 
I'd be lying if I said I didn't go down and get 2 heaping spoonfuls of peanut butter to celebrate. HA!
Things I have learned so far:


I love breakfast! I usually go for the cereal with milk and bananas on top. Then I save my protein for a snack and hour later.


Lunch I make a decent sized salad and I have recently fallen in love with low fat Raspberry Vinaigrette. YUM!! Then I have my NS lunch entree, the graham chocolate bar is DIVINE!


My snack is usually string cheese and an apple. I know- pretty boring but tasty.


And dinner I have my NS entree, haven't found one I hate yet. I LOVE sauteing zucchini and squash with garlic and seasoning. That and warm spinach salad is amazing. 


I think I miss snacking the most. I have realized over this past week that I am a bored snack er and if that wasn't a recipe for disaster, you should have seen my portion sizes. Ouch. Guess that's how I gained a lot of this weight to begin with.


I can survive without wine with a bath and a substitute a diet coke, but it's not the same.


Night shift dieting is a challenge, especially when you work 12 hours shifts- meaning you only work 3 nights. Your constantly switching back and forth between days and nights, sometimes up for 24 hours. I'm still figuring this out, so when I do- I'll share.


I have also made an attempt to exercise at least 3 times a week. Tonight I even took a run to visit Nolan, yet I have found out that running in our neighborhood around dinner time is torture. Just go ahead and hang the juicy bubba burger and potato salad in front of me and dangle it on a fishing pole why don't you. The smells coming from each house just filtered into the streets. AHHHHH! I'd kill to have a big fat juicy burger! 





So for dinner tonight, I had the Grilled Burger. It kind of reminded me of the cafeteria burgers from grade school but it wasn't bad at all for what it is. I used some Laughing Cow Blue Cheese and added my veggies. 




It's all about portion sizes and eating the right foods. So far so good. No complaints, as I lost 5+ lbs and Chris lost 14. Not too shabby! So cheers to next week (holds up my diet coke with lime) in hopes I lose some more.


And when did this monster grow? I can barely remember the days he had no things and he was just a speck in the bassinet. Now he's almost grown out of it. 
 When did this happen!!!!?

12 comments:

m&msmommy said...

Congratulations! What a great first week! :)

Isn't it crazy how fast they grow?!?!? He is SOOO cute! :)

Katie said...

Congratulations! That is amazing! And wow! what a difference between those two pictures!

Mackenzie's Mommy said...

GREAT JOB!!!!!! And WOW, CC is getting so big! Time is getting away from us...

Jaime said...

What a great way to start out! If losing 5lbs in week one isn't motivations, I don't know what is!! And I hear about those juicy burgers and the peanut butter!! Hehe!

x <3 o

Tara said...

Yay!! Keep up the good work on your new heathy eating/exercising plan (not a diet--a life change)! and yes, CC is growing like a weed! Amazing!

Dr. Alfaro said...

Hi, I just stumbled on your page when doing a little blog-hopping. Three days ago I found a site- loseit.com - which I've found to be super helpful in kick-starting my journey. It tracks your nutrients, trends, exercise, etc. and your friends can leave encouragement on your wall, and I could use loads of that!

Best of luck!

Nutrisystem said...

Congratulations on your fantastic start, Ashley! It sounds like you are really working the program and making use of the tools and features that are available to you to help make this journey a bit smoother!

Be sure to check out the different support systems that we have going on over in our online community at Nutrisystem.com as well. There you can exchange helpful advice and tips with other members who have similar goals, interests, concerns and schedules.

Feel free to let us know if you have any questions or concerns while you are on this journey! We can be reached via email at moderator@nutrisystem.com.

Best wishes for continued success!

Unknown said...

Congrats! That's awesome!

Pink Pamalamma said...

You are kicking butt! And CC is growing like a weed! Don't you just wish you could give him your unwanted pounds? LOL! Not to be a bummer, but you'd probably do even better without the diet coke...the carbonation makes you hold onto weight and the artificial sweetener makes you feel hungry. I quit soda all together on a regular basis (used to drink several cans a day, now I don't keep it in the house and only get a can or a glass here and there when out to eat) and have noticed a difference. Keep up the great work!! xoxo

Abigail said...

Congrats!!! What an awesome job....keep up your hard work

J and B Custom Boutique said...

love your blog! We are your newest follower. be sure to stop by and check our our baby/kid boutique!

Jen said...

You are still large as a house. Gross.