Monday, July 26, 2010

MFM update

Oh how I hate that place. It's where I was told Nolan would die, where he would not survive, go home and grieve and pretty much have no hope. Little did that Dr know. Even after that first appointment, every single appointment from there on out was bad, stressful, scary and hopeless.


So I don't like going there, even if it's for the extra bonus ultrasound. I get enough of those every week with the Ob & tech I actually like. And I had a small anxiety freak out when I saw that very same Dr walking around the office today. PLEASE GOD let the Dr I am suppose to see be here. I REFUSE to see that lady.

But for once, I walked out of there with a smile. Even after wanting to knock the ultrasound tech out for lecturing me about eating and how I shouldn't skip breakfast. Little does she know, I can't eat before going to that office because my nerves make me so sick- SO SICK. I think I know how to take care of myself. Your talking to the girl who force fed myself last week when I had no appetite. So shut it. Go back to scanning. Thank you. (Gosh I sound bitchy here)

Anywho.

The Dr we saw this time is newer to the practice, kinda hippy like and I REALLY like him. He actually read my chart, knew my history and was very calming while talking to us. He said everything is looking good. But he understands how we probably have the feeling of waiting for the bomb to drop. He said his main concern right now is my placenta being RIGHT over my classical c-section scar. As if having that scar wasn't risky enough, my placenta decided to attach right to it. My luck, huh?

I guess it's not an issue this early in pregnancy, but said come in a few weeks I will be going in quite often to get it checked. Hopefully as my scar stretches it doesn't affect the placenta and baby stays supplied with nutrition and we deliver at 36 weeks. But he said we need to be ready if it starts misbehaving.

He also mentioned the u/s tech seeing a heart defect (septal) so nothing too alarming. Nolan also had this. But when he took a look himself, he didn't see it. But that's another thing to keep an eye on.

But as of right now, my placenta looks healthy, with Nolan it was practically non-existent. This baby is growing perfect, Nolan was already 1-2 weeks behind in growth by now. This baby is still a boy and he has huge feet, JUST LIKE NOLAN. My amniotic fluid levels are perfect, with Nolan they were already real low.

So I am just happy that things seem to be heading in the right direction. I am happy with this new MFM Dr I saw today and feel comfortable for the first time. I'll be seeing him again in 2.5 weeks, and then will start 1-2 week appointments from there on out.

I actually feel confident in this MFM business for once. It's a good feeling. Maybe I'll actually eat next time before going in... take that u/s tech lady!

23 comments:

Jen J. said...

oh I'm so happy you got great news overall Ash!! :) Keep growing nice & big & strong baby boy!!!

Lisa said...

Excited to hear things went well. Keeping you and your little one in my prayers.

Lori said...

Hooray for a good appointment! I wonder if some people actually pay attention to what they are saying and to whom they are saying it! Seriously--anyone in that office who can't understand that an ultrasound can be joyous but can also be devastating obviously hasn't been there long (or just is clueless!!!)

Glad you found a doctor you feel comfortable with and hope you are able to choose him to see every time!!!

krousehouse said...

I so know how scary those appointments can be, and how you are holding your breath for the measurements and word that all is ok. So happy for you, you deserve some much needed good news.

Lisette said...

I am happy your appointment went well and you feel comfortable with that dr. I love reading that baby is growing so well, you are doing a great job. ((HUGS))

Fanny said...

I am glad to see baby is right on track :)
I know this is probably easier said then done, but I hope you do get to enjoy this pregnancy and let Nolan take care of his little brother - just like I am sure he already does.

Pam said...

Happy Dance! So good that everything is spot on for you right now! Will continue to pray for you and yours! Hugs!!!

belle said...

soooo happy for you! you needed some good news:) prayers always!

(((hugs)))

Jaime said...

Great news all around!

xo

The Blue Sparrow said...

Yay for good news! Im glad that you liked your MFM too! *HUGS*

Beth said...

So happy to hear baby d is doing so well = )

Dana said...

I'm so happy you got great news!

Busted Kate said...

Sooooo happy and relieved to hear things are going well. Keeping you in my prayers!

cmatsukes said...

Glad to hear all is going well all the way around. Good Job Ashley.
Yes you should eat breakfest but can see why you could not. Take Care.

Holly said...

Glad you got a dr you like! That makes things a little easier to deal with. Hopefully as your belly grows there won't be any trouble with the scar and placenta.

Katie said...

SO happy your trip to MFM was positive!! I have been praying for you (and I will continue to pray) as I have had many negative trips to MFM myself. I lived in Fort Myers when I was pregnant with my daughter and was a regular at the "bad news doctors". I will continue to PRAY for you and your whole family!!

PS: You and my hubs have the same birthday :)

Pink Pamalamma said...

So glad you got good news! :)

babyrndeb said...

just what you needed - some good news! keep hanging in there

Katy Larsen said...

So happy and always praying for you xoxo

Jill said...

Oh I am so happy for a great appointment!! I laughed a few times at what you wrote! :) Bless this little baby and I know big brother Nolan is watching over his little brother to be! How exciting! I am glad you like your doctor thats very important!

B said...

This is very belated, but I am so, so sorry to hear about your brother. I'll be praying for you and your family. Also, so glad to hear your bean is growing well! I hope everything continues to go smoothly.

Lauren said...

So glad you continue to get good news from the MFM. Keep up the good work, momma!

Anonymous said...

I know I am way late in commenting, but love to hear good news :)