Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas for Nolan

Just a few things that have recently put a smile on my face because someone other than me was thinking of our Nolan. So with out further a due, I present a few recent gifts that were sent our way in memory of Nolan. I guess I kind of look at it as his Christmas.

I just had to share this card I got from Brie when she sent the 'n' ornament, because it was perfect and made me laugh out loud when I read it.

One very special surprise ornament that came from a friend Laura, who also had a destination wedding and we have been friends ever since we planned our weddings back in 2007/2008. Thank you Laura. This ornament is perfect and exactly what I had been searching for.
I got this sign from my best friend Amy also known as Kalli's Mom a few weeks ago and I even hung it as soon as I opened it up.
Lastly, Nicole one of my very close friends, former student, and now coworker said she had to get this for Nolan's room when she saw it. The rainbow projects as high as the ceiling, but I couldn't get a good picture of it with my camera, so this will do. Thank you Nicole, your right..it fits him and his room perfect.

And I just found out last night that Nolan's Blessing Ring is done. I saw this on Megan Grace's blog and Amber(Megan's Mom) had her sister make a special one for Nolan. It's to hang all his cards that we got back in June, so I look forward to going through all them since I don't think I soaked in any words that I read the first time. Thank you Amber! It's just sad how things fall into place, I remember reading Megan's story when I was still pregnant.
I remember praying so much for little Megan and I didn't even realize how sick Nolan was yet. I never thought us two would be connected in such a tragic way. So from one Mom to another, Thank You.

I am regretting not decorating this year, kind of regretting working both Eve & Day, I'm just feeling pretty empty and lonely this morning after Chris left for work. I wont see Chris until late tomorrow night when he drops me off Christmas dinner at work. Even though I wouldn't see him if I wasn't working, just knowing I have no family to see because I have to sleep just makes me sort of sad. It's okay, these 2 days will pass, I will celebrate what Christmas is really about and hope that next year bigger smiles and lots and lots of decorations will be floating around our house.

I have a big plan for next years Christmas, but I can't wait to write about it, but that will be another day.

I wish every single one of you a Merry Christmas, hug your loved ones and give extra hugs and kisses to your little ones for those of us Moms & Dads that are missing out this year. May your holidays be filled with what ever kind of cheer you find.


"All I really want for Christmas is someone to tuck me in... there's so much I could ask for, but just one thing I need, all I really want for Christmas, is a family"
~steven curtis chapman, man of God, bereaved parent, on adoption..

4 comments:

Franchesca said...

Beautiful post. Your gifts are so thoughtful. I am sorry about your loss and that this Christmas you will not be with family. Sending you big HUGS!

cmatsukes said...

I hope the surprise is we are all going on a cruise again A Christmas Cruise that would be fun and we buy gifts there. Oh that would be good. Well whatever you wish for hope you get it all you deserve it.

Miche said...

I'm glad I could brighten your Christmas just a little by having that blessing ring made. We love ours and know that you will enjoy it just as much.

Merry Christmas (a day late)!

I just know our children had a wonderful day in Heaven!

Anonymous said...

I love the sign on your doorway. Absolutely beautiful. *hgus*