Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Ornaments

Can someone please help me?

Even though I am not decorating for Christmas this year or even getting into the spirit, I still want the perfect ornament for Nolan. But I can't find a single thing that jumps out and says "this is the one"

Another mother who lost her quads got this in the mail today, she called her babies 'the peas' so this is the perfect ornament for her.

This friend & mother who lost her twins got this for her babies, I love the idea.

And I fell in love with this one in Danielle's bog. Maybe I need to copy this idea, but even so... it's a copy and I wouldn't consider it his own.

All the baby ornaments are for alive babies and all baby blue or pink and strollers or baby shoes. But Nolan never got a stroller or baby shoes so those don't seem right. I don't know, maybe I am looking too hard. Do I want an anchor? An angel? A star? Should I make one myself...it would be even more from the heart then, right... but I don't even know where to start? I told you I am letting this ornament thing eat at me.

I have googled, etsy'd, ebay'd and I just can't anything that stands out and says... ' Would Have Baby's First Christmas' well of course I won't find that since it's so negative sounding... Maybe 'Baby's 1st Xmas in Heaven'

So I am reaching out to anyone that has seen something that I may be looking for. I am afraid of being a Christmas failure if I can't accomplish the one thing I set out to do for Nolan this Xmas. I know it sounds so stupid, but it's one of the few things I have control over, just like his flowers.

Oh, I did get a beautiful 'N' ornament from Brie and I wanted to say THANK YOU... it means so much to me when people remember Nolan like that.

16 comments:

Emily - faliLV said...

This is my first comment on your blog - I have been reading for a while, and must tell you how strong of a woman I think you are - I think if you like the quote on that star one couldn't you find an anchor and have it written on there? Or something like "My hands may never get to hold you again, but my heart holds you forever?" And get a heart ornament? I hope you find your perfect ornament.

Unknown said...

What about a butterfly ornament?

http://www.greatideagiftstore.com/cart/product.php?productid=16291

or

http://www.sundancedesigns.net/memorial_ornaments.htm

Jcombs from ND Nest.

Rachel H. said...

I like the idea of finding an anchor ornament that you could put a quote on or a start...that sounds like a great idea to me! Hope you find the perfect item!

Allison (Ali) said...

i ordered an angel for cadynce from www. personalizationmall .com

they have a lot of ornaments to choose from that you can personalize however you want. just an idea. i know that agonzied over what to get for cady.

Anonymous said...

Ali-great idea!! I just went over to personalizationmall.com and they are beautiful over there!!

I got Jonathan's first ornament from a local pewter shop which can ship all over the country hampshirepewter.com. They personalize.

ForeverElliot'sMommy said...

MY BF IRL sent me an ornament over the weekend, because I was struggling with this too! It came from intimesofsorrow.com and it is an angel laying on the moon, it says "Baby's First Christmas in Heaven" and is personalized on the back. I have also recieved an ornament from another BF from things remembered that is awesome...I will post pics of these ornaments on my blog this evening.
Good luck, I hope you find the perfect ornament, I know how much it meant to me and now I have lots of them!!
HUGS!!
Brandy

ForeverElliot'sMommy said...

I told you the wrong address, here is the one for a boy; http://www.intimeofsorrow.com/or55026.html

Robyn said...

I know this isn't an orament but saw this and thought I would share it with you.
http://www.findgift.com/gift-ideas/pid-217539/

DeniceConley said...

Here is an angel holding an anchor. http://www.amazon.com/Margaret-Furlong-2006-Anchor-Angel/dp/B002BKJFL2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1261068213&sr=1-1-fkmr0

Tammy said...

I sort of wish I read this before hand. I just sent you guys an ornament...but it wouldn't be one that you could consider from you to him. I think the suggestions so far are great. What I wanted to say is you are in no way a failure if you can't find "the one". I bet if you relax just a little about it, the perfect one will be one of the next ones you see!

Elizabeth Mae said...

I've been reading your blog for sometime. You are a very strong woman and I pray for you everyday. I found this ornament the other day because my friend is going through the same thing you did earlier this year.
http://www.findgift.com/gift-ideas/pid-226803/

Hope it helps.

Jessica R said...

I don't know if this link will work but if it doesn't than google willow tree angel's embrace. You are a strong woman and mommy to little Nolan.
http://www.sweetbe.com/candystore/catalog/CC4-Willow-Tree-Angels-Embrace-p-16314.html

jamie said...

I liked the "miss me" ornament on intimesofsorrow (brandy's link).

I think finding an anchor and having something written on it is a wonderful idea - meaningful in so many ways.

I am still struggling with what to do (except I love the teddy bear ornament I won from Jess' giveaway!) I hope you find your perfect ornament.

Bree said...

I've been reading your blog for about a week now and have been praying for you. This ornament is dated 2008, but you could always take the tag off of it. We lost our Little Bean last year and this is the one we bought. Since you like all things nautical, it kind of goes with the theme of the sea. I hope you find what you are looking for.

http://www.cmaspast.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=2559

Kim said...

This is the first time I've commented, but I've been reading your blog since May. So very, very sorry for your loss -- I cannot even imagine. I was put on bedrest around the same time you were, and my heart goes out to for everything you've had to endure.

Thought this might work?

http://www.designerornaments.com/anchor_ornament.htm

Best to you during this time.

The Suburban Princess said...

I saw an angel bell ornament at personal creations.com and it reminded me of you and Nolan. You can get it personalized with his name. Here's the link: http://www.personalcreations.com/angel_bell_ornaments-products-1395X-1-302-3035.html