Friday, December 11, 2009

Tears (update #3)


Dad is ding GREAT! We were a little bummed this morning when we called to talk to his nurse and get an update and she said he wasn't extubated yet. They sent him to a CT scan to check the fluid around his left lung. That scan came back negative and they started weaning him off the vent shortly after.

We all got here and he was wide awake but had he tube in still. The RT and RN were working r4eal hard to get his PO2 up so they could pull the tube. Dr Buckley came in and gave the orders to take it out and I can't even tell you how happy Dad was.

The Dr came back in to shake his hand and Dad teared up, I have to say it was a pretty happy moment. My Dad is sill here with us because this this Dr.....thank god for him.
So Dad's humor is still here, he's cracking jokes left and right and charming the pants of the nurses, well not really...but you know what I mean. Thank you for all the prayers and Dad said that HIMSELF. How awesome.


4 comments:

cmatsukes said...

Thanks for the update Ash it is so good to hear the great news it sounds like he had the best of care and surgeon now on to his recovery.

Natalie said...

I'm glad he's doing well and feeling good. I'll continue to keep your family in my thoughts and prayers

jamie said...

I am so happy to hear it sounds like your dad is doing great. Hopefully it will be a nice smooth recovery!

Holly said...

So glad to hear he is doing so well!