Thursday, December 31, 2009

Open Letters

Dear 2009,

I thought you were going to be good to us, I guess I never took you as serious. But whatever the case, I am so glad I am kissing you goodbye, waving
you our the door, flipping you the bird, whatever. I am not sure what it is about you, but you were just plain ugly. What I thought was going to be an awesome year, turned out to be the worst I have ever experienced. Not only did my son leave us, so many other things happened and it seemed like you did it out of spite. Seriously, Val gets appendicitis a week before her sons big open heart surgery!? My Dad get real sick?

If there is one thing I can take out of our experience in 2009, it is to never say "it can't get any worse" because you sure did teach me!


So screw you 2009, screw all your days (except June 8th 2009-I like her) and you can take all your months and shove them up your a$$.

Tonight's countdown will never mean more than it will tonight, I am so glad the curse of 2009 is over, OVER in T minus 17 hours and 55 minutes.

So kiss off 2009!

Ashley

NOW....

Dear 2010,
Oh how I have been waiting for your arrival. I would like to introduce myself, my name is Ashley and I am crazy, energetic, happy go lucky type of girl who feels like the year
of 2009 defeated me. Your friend, 2009 betrayed me, my husband, family and best friend. And through the mist of it all, we kept saying we couldn't wait for you to arrive.

So here we are, I hope we become great friends over this next year. I plan on lots of health, a healthy pregnancy, jobs for those who are without in my family and my parents house to sell. If you want to throw in the winning lotto numbers too, I won't be upset.


Our group of friends is celebrating your arrival in true Ashley & Chris form. My famous sloppy joes, drinks, football and a bunch of friends. Welcome 2010! I have never been happier to see the change of a new year. I look forward to all the good to come, I know you have it!

Love,
Ashley


I would love to REALLY write my true feelings about 2009, but it might get a little ugly. I am so thankful for June 8th, 2009 (Nolan) and Dec 9th (My Dad) but I am truly happy for this year to be over. It just felt like one thing after another was happening. Valorie and I will be spending our New Years Eve at work and that is perfectly fine for me. I would rather celebrate the New Year on Jan 1st 2010!

That reminds me, a year ago yesterday I got this.
I can't believe it's been a year! Now begins the journey of last years pregnancy, shoot me now. At this time last year I was doing 'this'... and this time last year I was doing 'that'. Amazing how one little test can change the rest of your life. If you want to read the story of the day we found out, click here. So now I will just have hope that we can feel that excitement in the coming months once again. Prayers!

Happy New Years everyone. I hope 2010 brings us all health and happiness. To all my new friends, I hope for pregnancies and healthy babies that get to come home. Be safe tonight and don't do anything I wouldn't do.

10 comments:

Beth said...

I truly hope that 2010 is awesome to you Ash, you more than deserve it <3

Anonymous said...

Here is to 2010 in being the year we all deserve!!

Dannie said...

i liked June 6th too....and June 16, my first day of full time work (which ended up not being full time, but might be again in '10)....Oct 13 can kiss my ass though!

GOOD RIDDANCE 2009!!

Kimberly said...

Wishing you all the best for 2010 Ashley & Chris! (((hugs)))

Brie said...

Ashley,

I'll walk this next step of the journey with you. I too found out I was pregnant on this day, 2009. NYE was the best ever..knowing I was bringing a baby into the world..I'll be thinking of you tonight as the clock strikes 12, and we can hope for a better tomorrow!

Lisa said...

Here's to 2010. Cheers!

Lauren said...

Well said!

Happy New Year!

Katie said...

I hope 2010 is a much better year for you & Chris!!

Morgan said...

Fantastic post, girlie!! Here's to an amazing 2010!

Miche said...

Welcome to 2010! It will be good to all of us!