Thursday, June 24, 2010

Halfway?

As of today at 13 weeks, I am halfway there.

26 weeks is when I came down with preeclampsia and delivered Nolan.

I’m not so sure what to think about it. I am hoping to get further than 26 weeks, I like to pretend I’ll have an normal pregnancy but the reality is it can happen at anytime.

Actually, I just want to have a non-IUGR baby make it to 24 weeks. That baby would already be bigger than our little guy Nolan. I think the next few scans are the most crucial for us. It will tell us if we are heading in a similar direction that we did with Nolan.

SO KEEP GROWING BABY!

Every week is a week closer. Hopefully 18 weeks is my true halfway mark considering I am c-sectioned at 36 weeks. Lets hope and pray I breeze through 2nd trimester since I never made it out of 2nd tri last time. It sure would be nice to see 3rd trimester this time.

It just makes me wonder, when? When will be my halfway?

On a brighter note, I have another ultrasound this morning. It’s the 2nd of the week and I am not complaining. I have to look on the bright side of being high risk, lots and lots of peeks at this baby.

7 comments:

Saffy said...

Nope, you're a THIRD of the way there my dear... but I had the same thoughts about making it to 24 with a 'big' baby too. And yup, keep on that good growth track lovely little (big) bubba :)

Lori said...

Awww...praying all continues to go well and this morning's ultrasound is beautiful!!

I agree with you--it stinks to be a high risk pregnancy, but a bright side to it is all the pictures and checkups!! There are no sweeter words to me than my perinatologist saying, "Baby looks GREAT, but if you want to come in every day to check, you can!!!"

Too bad I'm not closer to him!!!

Tammy said...

*busts out the pom poms* GROW BABY GROW...GROW BABY GROW...GROW BABY GROW!

Karin said...

Every milestone is worth celebrating! Pregnancy after loss is hard; we have to do all we can to keep the sanity. :) I hope baby waves at you today!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is my prayers are with you. (((Hugs)))

Jack & Lucy said...

Good luck with everything! I can't imagine how stressed (and hopeful!) you must be right now! My thoughts and prayers are with you as you move through this pregnancy!

krousehouse said...

Halfway! That is a wonderful milestone and every single goal is so exciting. Congratulations and lots of best wishes and prayers for you and your baby!