Friday, June 4, 2010

Stream of Consciousness

A little bit of ADD brought to you by yours truly.

Went to Target today and found some awesome deals. Clearance bras for $5.98 since I need new ones that will fit the next few months. Polka dots and stars. Awesome. Made a stroll through the baby aisles for the first time in 11 months, at least my Mom was with me. Found a crib, I'm in love. It's simple and perfect- I have a totally different taste this time. Ran into an old student of mine, bless her heart, she asked how old my baby is now. She caught herself in her question. Poor thing felt awful. I'm used to it by now and it's okay. I think she felt more awkward than me. Turned in my red jug-o-pee that I will have to do a few times this pregnancy. Always awkward handing over 24 hours worth of ick to the nurse. I packaged it nicely in grocery bags. But at least I am not on house arrest being held captive by the jug. I'm sure only preeclamptic mamas will even understand this concept. Because in all honestly, it's a gross concept. I am now a regular at the lab, they know me and make jokes. It doesn't bother me a bit. Nolan's birthday celebration is falling through, it breaks my heart. Mom got a new job and can't be there now and it wont be the same without her. Some people can't stay out all day on the water, so I might just cancel it. Stuck on what to do now, dinner and visit Nolan? Seems so bland compared to what I wanted to do. (Sigh) It feels like 110 degrees outside, it's going to be a long hot summer. I need to find more dresses for this in between size. New bras, new underwear, new everything because I am popping out of everything. Guess it didn't help being 20lbs overweight before we started this, oh well. More cushion for baby- that's Chris' excuse. My house is SO clean, love love love the cleaning ladies. I haven't seem my floors shine this much in months. Wedding photos turned out awesome so far, I think I should blog it and show off my beautiful bride. One week till next scan, crossing fingers this lil one is measuring ahead. I'm kinda of sick of people telling me to take care of myself. I know they are concerned but I feel like I am have to defend myself like I didn't take care of myself last time. Make sense? Going to dinner on the water tonight, pretty stoked to do something different and then an art walk downtown, looks like I will be a DD tonight. I can't wait to go on another cruise. Don't think that will happen before I am not allowed to travel anymore. Maybe we will just book one for 2011, it gets me 1/4th my fix.

Random thoughts racing through my head a million miles a minute, trying to distract myself to what takes place next week. But it doesn't seem to be working. Just bear with me, I promise to start posting some happy again. I just need to get though this month.





9 comments:

Lisette said...

((HUGS))

belle said...

random thought here..... ;? i found underwear that actually works when preggo.... victoria's secret cotton string bikinis! (not thongs) they fit just under my belly and didn't ride... may they'll work for you. i found that mine grew with me.

can't wait to see your wedding pics :)

Anonymous said...

Wow and I thought some of my posts were filled with randomness.
Yay for find clearance bras. I love when I find deal.

I had wanted to plan a big shindig for Shealyn's birthday. In the end the day was spent with my husband and myself celebrating her. And it was more then I could have asked for to be honest.

You'll figure something out for you and your family to celebrate Nolan.

(((Hugs)))

Christinie said...

AHHHH the red jug!! I SOOOO do not miss the red jug! It was worth it to hold my baby though! And people do that to me too. "Aren't you supposed to have more children" ugh I just say yes 3 are in heaven. People usually walk away at that point. I am praying for you!!

Saffy said...

Icky pee collection, awesome sounding bras!! :)

Holly said...

Sorry Nolan's birthday plans are falling through. :(

I've need to get some new things too. I just bought myself a new pair of maternity jeans. I need new bras and more new clothes but it will have to wait a little longer.

erika said...

Sorry Nolan's original bday plans are falling through. Maybe something simple but meaningful would work for you too. Maybe a picnic while you visit him and then releasing balloons to him with whoever can make it? Just a thought. I am sure you will find something awesome to honor your little man.

Prayers for a health and wellness :)

Diana Stone said...

I'm happy things are going along well in your pregnancy for you. :) I can't remember when you said your due date was so I'm off to check. I think it was mine with Bella - Dec. 4th? She was 3 weeks early though.

Jayme said...

I don't miss the jug o' pee! When my girls were smaller and I was doing the collections for Connor and Elora they were still at the age where they'd follow me to the bathroom... it was so fun trying to explain the process to them. I remember Lili started pouting one day because I wouldn't let her pee in a jug LOL