Friday, June 11, 2010

Today

Today, I walked into the same doors I so sadly left one year ago today. But this time, I walked out with new ultrasound pictures of our growing little one and a smile instead of tears.

I won't lie, it was hard. My stomach was in knots and I was a mess but I got through it. As soon as I heard the heartbeat I cried, tears of happiness. The baby is still measuring ahead and had a perfect heartbeat of 171. The baby was moving all over the place and we got some good pictures.

So I survived today so far, and I am so glad we did our ultrasound today. It really made me be thankful on a day that it's so hard to be.

So now we're going to visit Nolan and release the butterflies my good friend sent us today. Hopefully the rain holds off and we can get some good pictures.

Keep the prayers coming for Amy, she is holding steady but is very sick. I'll update more when I hear from her again.




12 comments:

MissingYouAlways said...

Im so glad that you got your ultra sound today. I can only imagine how bitter sweet today is for you. my thoughts and prayers are with you and your little bean.
thinking of you and bean, your family, and precious Nolan today

Debby@Just Breathe said...

This is exciting news. I'm so so glad that your little one is doing so wonderful. ((HUGS))

Julie said...

So happy Nolan gave you more good news today. I am certain he's watching over his little sibling and helping him or her stay healthy and strong for Mommy and Daddy.

Angie said...

Good job baby! Keep growing ahead so your mommy and daddy won't worry (as much).

I hope the rest of your day is peaceful. Thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

So glad things with the baby are looking good. Hope the rain holds off. (((Hugs)))

Maggie said...

Wonderful news Ashley! I hope your butterfly release goes well. Take lots of pictures! :)

Sarah said...

I've been thinking of you and Nolan all day. I'm so glad you got some good news today with Nolan's little sister/brother!

Jen J. said...

That's great news! So glad to hear Nolan's big bro or sis (I think sis ;oP) is doing great. Sending lots of prayers as you continue to get through this day & month.

Antoinette said...

i emailed you something to the email you have here listed, dont know if you got it yet or not....what a beautiful sono pic...thinking of you and hoping the release went well

Unknown said...

So beautiful! So glad you have had a good day today!

Mackenzie's Mommy said...

So glad you got good news!! Been thinking of Nolan all week. I have a card all made out for him but couldn't find your address again. If you email me your address one more time I'll send it right out. (ashley.frederickson@yahoo.com)
xo

Holly said...

So glad you walked out with a smile!!