Friday, June 11, 2010

Nolan’s 1st Birthday

It was a good day and I knew it would be. Out of the entire week, I was looking forward to celebrating his birthday the most because it was his life. A life one Dr assured me wouldn’t happen. The hardest parts of the day were in the morning when I was replaying everything in my head. At this ‘time last year’, I was being prepped for OR, at ‘this time’ last year I was getting my spinal… ect ect. After that passed I was fine. Then later on at the very end of the day, it really hit me that Nolan isn’t here like he should be to celebrate. So I did have a break down, but the Glee episode made it all better. So what the heck did we do for his birthday?Nolans Birthday 024

We spent the day out on the boat.

Nolans Birthday 002Nolans Birthday 004Nolans Birthday 003 Nolans Birthday 010 Nolans Birthday 005 Nolans Birthday 006 Nolans Birthday 025 Nolans Birthday 028 

Had a family dinner at Cheeseburger in Paradise.

DSC_1066 DSC_1059 DSC_1055 The cupcakes I made the night before with my Mom, dad and Aunt. Turned out pretty awesome huh? Even though I accidently licked super glue vs frosting, that was fun.

My favorite part of the day was singing Happy Birthday to Nolan. It was a bittersweet moment and it brought tears to my eyes. Tears of happiness for a life we were given but tears of sadness because it seemed so ass backwards singing to our baby at a gravesite.

DSC_1089 DSC_1091DSC_1097(2) DSC_1100

(Like my awesome anchor/rope headband, my best friend made it just for me and said it’s a ‘one and only’. But that was until I demanded her to make one for a giveaway- so that will be next week. FUN)

We all released balloons after with little notes to Nolan and loved ones in Heaven.

DSC_1115DSC_1117DSC_1119

DSC_1155DSC_1093  DSC_1194 In all, it was a great day of celebration. I love my lil guy and I wanted the best birthday party I could give him. I think he would be proud.

26 comments:

The Blue Sparrow said...

Ashley, It looks like a great day of honoring Nolan! I was thinking about you all day that day and praying! Love the headband BTW. *HUGS*

The Yauns said...

Love all the photos! What a awesome way to celebrate such a beautiful little boy!

Brie said...

Love it Ashley. It's awesome that your loved ones shared in celebrating his life with you..and singing happy birthday...why did I not think of doing that? Brilliant.
Much love to you.

Melissa said...

Beautiful celebration - I love the cupcakes.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a beautiful time. Great pictures. My favorite it the one with the birthday balloon in the forground and you and hubby kissing in the background. (((Hugs)))

Antoinette said...

:') Happy Birthday Nolan

The Suburban Princess said...

The cupcakes were so darling! And I loved seeing that there were some decorations back at Nolan's site. You gave him a great birthday, Ashley.

~Stephie~ said...

The pics from Nolan's b-day party look awesome... I'm sure he was watching the whole time and having a party of his own along with u guys with all his friends in heaven :D

Pebz ★ said...

what a beautiful way to celebrate Nolan! ♥

Beth said...

That is so sweet! You are such an awesome mom!

Jill said...

What a wonderful to celebrate Nolan's life. You are such a wonderful mom. I love the cupcakes!

Angie said...

I love it. I'm sure so did Nolan.

Mackenzie's Mommy said...

Looks like a great day! Nolan was definitely proud & honored. The cupcakes are perfect!!

Andrea said...

Ashley,

How wonderful that you have the support of your family. Nolan's day was absolutely perfect :) But, I suppose every day is "his" day and the legacy he leaves is touching so many lives.

Many Hugs

Jill said...

What a beautiful celebration that was for your little guy Nolan. That brought tears to my eyes looking at the pictures, the cupcakes are ABSOLUTELY beautiful. The boating and balloon idea is super sweet!

Holly said...

What a great day of celebration his birth and life! I love the cupcakes that you made. They turned out so awesome! And where did the superglue come from!? lol

The balloon release was so colorful and beautiful.

Jayme said...

You planned such an amazing day! I loved everything about it, you did a great job, Ashley!

Christy said...

What a wonderful day to celebrate your little guy.

My nephew passed away in '94 and every year we would take balloons (most of the time just the number of how old he would have been 3, 4, etc.) and a little gift. My mom & I still do this every year. He would have been 17 this year. :) It helps us to still celebrate in this way.

Maggie said...

Happy Birthday Nolan! Looks like a beautiful day! I think Nolan loved it Ashley!! XO

Lisette said...

What a beautiful way to honor Nolan.

babyrndeb said...

lovely pictures of what looks like a lovely celebration of your little boys life.

Anonymous said...

So glad I could be a part of this special day for Nolan..Love you

Carly said...

Happy Birthday little Nolan,what a great celebration!

*Laura Angel said...

ugh I missed this post! Beautiful!!!! :)

Mrs.F said...

Looks like a great celebration of the time he was here. I'm so happy you made it a celebration of his life :)

So excited to see more progress on your pregnancy!

Three Cats and a Baby said...

Beautiful.